Tuesday, May 17, 2005

If I knew then

Now that I have been at this for a number of years, I find that there are quite a bit of those 'if I knew then what I know now' moments.

Probably the most significant in terms of researching via the internet is using an email address that is not one that use for your personal correspondence.

There are a number of free email opportunities out there. Get one and use it as your subbing address for mailing lists and for online posting. If you subscribe to one of the major internet providers, you usually have the availability of creating several email addresses for your use. Do it.

Cause as just as soon as post to an online message board, chances are you are going to start attracting some spam, as well as attempts to spoof your email address.

No comments: